Saturday, August 17, 2013

DIY LIP CREAM

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”                                                                                 - Henry Stanley Haskin



Hi lovelies
Hope you all are doing great. This post is going to be DIY project on making your own lip cream. I know that everyone has something in their makeup collection which you don't use or looks bad on you or was a impulse buy. If you think you cannot rock that lip stick or lip gloss its time to make your own color by just following simple steps. Just go through your collection and get the lip products you don't like or use. 

Lets get started

Things needed

Lipstick (unused ones, colors you don't like or colors you don't wear)
Vaseline
candle
Spoon
lighter
mixing stick or fork

Method:

  1. Empty the lip gloss or lipstick in the spoon.
  2. Light the candle and place the spoon on the flame.
  3. Just mix different colors to make your own custom made color by adding different colors little by little.
  4. Add Vaseline to make it creamy and helps in mixing colors.
  5. Just swatch the mixture to see the final color add different colors till you get the desired color.
  6.  Once you reach the color just pour it back into the empty container or emptied lip gloss tube.
  7. Just leave the tube for cooling and wait till it sets.
  8. Now your own custom made color lip cream is finished.

I had BYS lip gloss in color its a bling thing which was too pale for my skintone. I could not pair it any other lipstick. So I used it and added my Maybelline Lipstick in mauve along with lip pigment which I have mentioned in my previous post. Check it out.


I got a perfect color which suits me and I am loving it. I did another lip cream with maybelline lip stick and lip gloss in nude. It came out as pinkish gloss which lasts longer like a lip cream.

                                   
Original BYS lip gloss. 



Lip cream after mixing the lip products I used the same tube for usage. Below are the swatch on hand and lip.


 

Maybelline lip gloss with pink matte lip stick. 







Hope you all enjoyed and will make use of this to use your lip products. Dont waste the products and the money.

Cheers
PPA:)

ebay store
http://www.ebay.com.au/?clk_rvr_id=507606112871

Checkout my favorite brushes from Furless cosmetics
https://furless.com.au/?partner_id=7426



No comments:

Post a Comment